Sunday, June 3, 2012

A For Adventure

For some strange reason, Rocket Baby has been taking two naps again (I'm blaming the fact that he wakes with the birds). Normally this throws off our day and plans have to be shuffled but yesterday it worked out well. We ended up taking him to The Starlight Parade in Portland, Or. This was a very last minute decision, we left our house at 815 and got to the parade at 845, about 15 minute after we arrived. Parking wasn't as hellish as I anticipated and we were able to find a place only two blocks from the action.

I wish we had planned a bit better since I ended up with Rocket Baby on my shoulders for quite a stretch of time, just so he could see. Staking a claim would have been an adventure in and of itself since typically people arrive hours early to get a great spot and that task with a high energy 18 month old sounds like a freaking nightmare. In all, I'm glad we braved the crowds. I don't even mind my sore neck and shoulders from holding Rocket Baby up most of the time we were there.

6 years ago on June 2nd 2006, my now husband proposed to me. Last night was also Rocket Baby's 18 month birthday. So to be standing in a crowd, watching floats and bands go by, was truly a surreal moment. Carrying my darling son with my husband by my side on a night that held great signfigance for us. I'm glad we took this adventure together. I'm so thankful Trevor sacrificed a night at home after a 10 hour work day to stand in a crowd with us. I imagine the twinkle in Rocket Baby's eyes was worth it for him. Rocket Baby has taught me so much. Life is an adventure and I'm glad I have these men in my life to enjoy it with.

 - Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. 6 years! That is awesome, congratulations. I'm loving A is for adventure!

    ReplyDelete