Sunday, July 7, 2013

Thoughts

I told Trevor today how glad I am to never be pregnant again. We decided at the beginning of my pregnancy with Baby O that we were not doing it again. It completely messes with our family dynamic. I spend the majority of my pregnancies hovered over the toilet, our house gets destroyed, and Rocket Baby is parented by the tv. It just isn't worth it for our family. It isn't worth the risk or the heartache.

I hear so often of women who know they're done having kids feeling a bit sad that they've come to the end of their birthing years, but I could not be more excited that this chapter is over for us. I don't get emotional about it at all. And maybe those things will come one day, but for now I have non existent feelings on the matter.

What I am excited for is adoption. Just thinking about our Foster To Adopt process brings a smile to my face. I cannot wait to get this ball rolling. I cannot wait for our child who is created for us. Our orientation to become foster parents isn't until July 15th and I really wish it was tomorrow. Or yesterday. Or last week! I've already started communicating with other foster to adopt moms and I feel like I'm entering into a special community of parenthood. One I'm very excited for.





If you'd like to donate financially to our adoption, click here!

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog....my husband and I are in the throws of domestic infant adoption with Bethany Christian. This will be our first. We too experienced a lot of disappointment before getting to the place where our hearts were fully open to how God wanted us to build our family. Best of Luck on your journey to your new little!

    ReplyDelete